.

.

Monday, March 20, 2017

The Orphan's Tale: A Novel by Pam Jenoff

(Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!)
about book:

A powerful novel of friendship set in a traveling circus during World War II, The Orphan’s Tale introduces two extraordinary women and their harrowing stories of sacrifice and survival 

Sixteen-year-old Noa has been cast out in disgrace after becoming pregnant by a Nazi soldier and being forced to give up her baby. She lives above a small rail station, which she cleans in order to earn her keep… When Noa discovers a boxcar containing dozens of Jewish infants bound for a concentration camp, she is reminded of the child that was taken from her. And in a moment that will change the course of her life, she snatches one of the babies and flees into the snowy night.

Noa finds refuge with a German circus, but she must learn the flying trapeze act so she can blend in undetected, spurning the resentment of the lead aerialist, Astrid. At first rivals, Noa and Astrid soon forge a powerful bond. But as the facade that protects them proves increasingly tenuous, Noa and Astrid must decide whether their friendship is enough to save one another—or if the secrets that burn between them will destroy everything.

my thoughts:

Wow! Talk about an unforgettable and unputdownable story that will give you ALL of the feels. The Orphan's Tale is one of the BEST books I've read this year. I am just LOVING historical fiction more and more - this book is the reason why.  Chock full of historical tidbits that enrich this story on every level, The Orphan's Tale is a mesmerizing read about survival, family, and friendship.  It is simply a must-read!

Noa and Astrid are two truly amazing women! They are strong in every which way and have braved so many terrifying situations.  Their secrets keep them on their toes.  And their friendship tests them and their boundaries.  The world around them is at war and they feel its effects.  Bent on surviving, these two women manage to find themselves a place to hide and thrive.  I absolutely LOVED reading their stories.  They were courageous with a capital "C". 

Jenoff has written a terrific story set during WWII that will suck you in right from the start.  Your heart will break, but it will also beat madly for these characters.  The writing will captivate with its strength, richness, and deep storytelling. It is such a great read!

I would happily recommend this book to fan's of Jenoff and fans of historical fiction (especially about WWII) - you will LOVE this book!!

Here's the link to TLC Book Tour schedule for: The Orphan's Tale
Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!

6 comments:

Brandie said...

Well, now I'm convinced! I've seen this book a lot lately, but I definitely need to try it. I'm so glad to see you enjoyed it!

Nadia said...

Brandie, such a great read! I'm really digging historical fiction lately - so good!! Definitely check it out :)

Ti said...

Sounds pretty good. I can't believe she grabbed one of those babies! That alone made me want to read more.

Lark said...

World War II, a traveling circus, and great characters, too? I'm in! :)

Nadia said...

Ti, it really is. I know! I couldn't believe it either!

Lark, seriously! Who wouldn't want to read this :)

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

I'm a sucker for WWII era stories and this one is unlike anything I've read before!

Thanks for being a part of the tour!