.

.

Friday, October 27, 2017

Daily Kindness: 365 Days of Compassion by National Geographic Society

(Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!)
about book:

Lead your best year yet through 365 days of kindness.With enriching quotes from celebrated luminaries and striking National Geographic photography, each page of this moving book will inspire you to live with sincerity, compassion, and benevolence. Each month, you’ll practice virtues like patience, respect, and generosity that will focus your mind and heart, creating fulfillment and contentment. Both inviting and motivating, Daily Kindness invites you to reflect on life’s big and small moments, providing a way to embrace new ideas and enrich your life every day of the year.

my thoughts:

I am a huge fan of books that help motivate me to try to eat better, exercise, focus on positivity, and encourage me to move forward in my life.  So, when I was offered the chance to review the National Geographic Society's latest book, Daily Kindness, I jumped at the chance.  How could I not? With all the toxicity that seems to infiltrate our lives lately, I figured a book about kindness would be a breath of fresh air.

Daily Kindness is a fantastic book that is chock full of amazing photographs and thoughtful quotes.  I just loved flipping through it and getting lost in it.  The photographs were beyond! Those nature shots were just so beautiful and helped to remind me of just how awesome the world really is.  I could seriously just stare at those photos for hours. As for the quotes - love, love, love!  I love collecting quotes in my journal, so I was excited to find so many new ones to LOVE in this book.  Talk about food for thought!  These quotes are by writers, philosophers, comedians, scientists, etc. - people that I love to read.  And all of these quotes are divided by themes.  Each month focuses on a specific theme (respect, mindfulness) and the quotes reflect that theme - which I just loved! This book is truly a gem.  You can flip through it or you can savor it.  I plan on using it daily - reading the quote for the day in the morning and then thinking about it throughout the day.  I'm hoping that by reflecting on some "words of wisdom" and looking at the beauty in the world each day in those stunning photos, I'll be inspired, motivated, and encouraged to live life more fully and to focus on kindness.

I would most definitely recommend Daily Kindness to anyone and everyone looking for their next great read - you will absolutely fall in LOVE with this book!! 

Here's the link to the TLC Book Tour schedule for: Daily Kindness
Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!

1 comment:

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

Thanks for being a part of the tour!